Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This is my second post in one day! I'm trying to get the hang of this, and you know what they say about practice? This is a card I took to a baby shower over the weekend. I started with an ivory base and added a layer of blue and green gingham from "Small Wonders" from K & Co. I've had this paper in my stash for quite awhile and was glad to finally find a purpose for it. To that, I added a large stripe of the striped paper from the same collection. I stamped the elephants (Brenda Walton stamp) in moss green on white paper, embossed them with a powder named "Kaleidoscope". It's kind of shimmery, but clear. Then punched with an embossing scallop punch. I distressed the border and "popped" it on the stripe. The small elephants across the top are actually a MS stamp which I used on a plain cotton twill ribbon. Then I stamped the "boy" in the same moss green and once again embossed. Below is the inside of the card. I used a SU stamp for this. The recipient of this card loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment