Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bithday Flowers

I've been wanting to try my hand at using buttons. It seems to be all the rage right now, and I've seen some beauties using that technique. So I made a couple of cards yesterday using buttons. This is one of them. I stamped the flowers on ivoy CS in Tuxedo Black using a "Fab Flowers" by Hampton Arts stamp. I colored the leaves and the petals using my Copics. I cut it out using a Spellbinders oval. (The flowers were a welcome change to the dreary weather we had yesterday.) Then added rhinestones and buttons, inked around the edges a little, and mounted it on a Spellbinders Oval Scallop. The DP is from Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird Collection. I love this paper! I scalloped the borders with a new EK punch I found at Michael's that punches and embosses. I stamped and embossed the "Happy Birthday" on a smoky blue color of Bazzil and tied it on with a little silk ribbon of the same color. This one will be placed in my stash until just the right birthday comes along. Now it's off to church and a day of family fun in celebration of my brother's birthday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment