Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thinking of You

I discovered, in my stash, two small journaling books by Making Memories that I bought quite some time ago. I was kind of in a hurry for a sympathy card, and these little die cuts sure fit the bill for speed and beauty. I started with an ivory base, popped a dark red CS on top, followed by a popped black CS. Layered on that is a DP made by K&Co entitled "Black & Ivory". I placed the pre-made die cut that I had stamped (popped, too, of course) on the DP. The stamp was also one I had in my stash, and I could not find the name or maker. I inked the floral stamp with Fired Brick distress ink, stamped it once on a scrap, then stamped it onto the die cut. This created a sort of "watermark" or shadow effect. Over that, I stamped the sentiment using Black Tuxedo, then embossed. The little bird was stamped with the same, embossed, then cut out. I finished it off with a black velvet ribbon across the bottom of the die cut topped with prima flowers and a black rhinestone brad. I'll certainly be using those little die cuts again!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment