Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Although it's no one's birthday, I thought this card would be a good one to hang onto until I need it. I really enjoyed making this one. I started out making a Mother's Day card for my mother and ended up with a Mother's Day card (I'll show that later) as well as this Birthday card. I started with a card base made of Bazzill cardstock in a pale green. I added a layer of DP from a K&Co pad that I love called Madeline. It's full of pink and green - my fav! The scallop is from a little Making Memories pad called "Noteworthy". Lots of cute "mini cuts" in this pad. I did raise it for dimension. I added a rosette of tulle (which doesn't really show up very well here). On top of that, I placed my three handmade ribbon blossoms, each with a pearl center. The die cut flourishes are from a Quikutz die, embellished with a few more pearls. The sentiment is done using a SU stamp from the "Well Scripted" set. I stamped it with a versa ink pad, then added a SU product called "Heat and Stick Powder", then topped with MS glitter in Tourmaline. I placed the sentiment on a Spellbinders "Fancy Tag" and added a few more pearls. Very feminine card, and I really like the way it turned out. I'll save it for someone special!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment